Safer Essex Roads Partnership – Cycling Instructor Vacancy
Working Hours: Temporary
Salary: £8.88 an hour
Primary Location: Chelmsford
Closing Date (Period for Applying) – External: 16/03/16
Job summary and Responsibilities
Bikeability Instructor Training is booked for the 5th – 8th April in Witham.
You will be required to pay £50 induction deposit, which you will get back upon attendance.
Hours are ‘As and When Required’
To manage the delivery of training to cyclists to the National Standards in line with the Government approved Bikeability scheme.
To provide National Standards cyclist training in line with the guidelines set out in the ECC Code of Practice and as required by the Road Safety manager
- Ensure close liaison with all delivery partners to enable the effective delivery of cycle training in Essex
- Ensure all training is carried out in accordance with the Essex National Standards cycle Training Scheme as accredited and registered with Cycling England
- Through liaison with the Road Safety Staff to ensure all resources required for course delivery and ensure that all resources are used to best effect
- Ensure all training, both on and off road is carried out in accordance Health and Safety requirements
- Undertake risk assessments for both off road and on road training
- Complete Continued Professional Development
- Keep record sheets of all cycle training delivered and complete yearly returns to the Road Safety Manager
- Any other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the post and grade
- The post holder is required to be mobile throughout an operational area and therefore a valid driving licence and use of a car, appropriate for delivery of resources, is required. On shorter journeys the post holder will be expected to use their cycle
- It may be necessary from time to time for the post holder to work hours in excess of or differing from the normal stated hours
- It may be necessary for the post holder to be trained in, and use, new technology as it is introduced into the County Council activities
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Be a regular, competent cyclist
- Good Communication skills
- Experience of working with people
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- Be an accredited National Standards Cycle Instructor or be willing to train as a National Standards Instructor and obtain status as an accredited National Standards Instructor after completion of the course and 2 mentoring sessions
Please contact Hilary Wicks on Hilary.email@example.com to apply or to request more information.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our aim is to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications, regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, age or religion or belief. All applications will be considered solely on merit.