In this section of our website you will find information about the following initiatives.
Community Speed Watch
Community Speed Watch is a traffic monitoring scheme, coordinated by the Essex Police Casualty Reduction Section (EPCRS) and supported by SERP, but managed and run by volunteers in the community.
Safety cameras are an important element in the SERP road safety strategy. There are more than 100 fixed safety camera sites and 26 red-light cameras across Essex. The strategy also incorporates the use of mobile handheld devices, which allows for dynamic enforcement across the county at locations where a fixed site would not be suitable.
NDORS (National Driver Offender Retraining Scheme)
Working as part of SERP, Essex County Council provides a range of NDORS courses on behalf of Essex Police. The courses are delivered by qualified and licensed NDORS trainers at venues throughout Essex.
- Caravan towing (Adobe PDF document)
- Child seats (Adobe PDF document)
- Lane discipline (Adobe PDF document)
- MOT (Adobe PDF document)
- Number plates (Adobe PDF document)
- Tinted windows (Adobe PDF document)
- Waste carriers (Adobe PDF document)
- Motorway safety (Adobe PDF document)