Job vacancy: road safety business officer
The Safer Essex Roads Partnership is actively seeking to recruit a new road safety business officer.
The road safety business officer will work to establish links with business organisations across Essex, and to engage them in the Driving for Better Business Road Safety programme.
Their role, which involves working closely with several external agencies and partners, will contribute to the overall outcome of reducing the number of collisions and injuries on the roads in Essex.
Applications are being sought for the position, for which the salary will be between £31k-£33k per year, via the Indeed website.
Among the key responsibilities is to deliver the Government backed ‘Driving for Better Business’ programme to employers in the private and public sectors, with the aim of reducing work related road risk, decreasing associated costs and improving compliance with current legislation and guidance.
The successful candidate will also liaise with CEOs of business and departmental heads, to persuade and encourage adoption of current, suitable policies to protect businesses and employees while driving for work.
They will be responsible for managing pricing, quotations and invoicing of bespoke training for businesses, monitoring income and pursuing as necessary.
- Click here for a full list of responsibilities.
Skills and experience
- Educated to RQF Level 6 (Bachelor’s degree) in a related subject, or equivalent proven experience in the field of highways, transportation, health and safety, HR, training or fleet management within private industry.
- Evidence of continuing professional development, and expert knowledge in relevant professional area – with membership of the Institute of Civil Engineers, Institute of Highways & Transportation, Institute of Highway Incorporated Engineers, or other appropriate professional body
- Evidence of post qualification experience in an appropriately related field.
- Experience of marketing and promoting to businesses essential.
- Extensive knowledge of evaluation techniques for educational activities and sound understanding of educational/behavioral change techniques.
- Knowledge and experience of financial management and control measures.
- Ability to build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships and experience of dealing with members of the public.
Click here to apply (via the Indeed website).
08 January 2020